Oct 5, 2012

The Latest in 1940 & 50s Hats from Past Perfect Vintage


This month, we added the last of 2 recent hat acquisitions the website.  It's taken awhile, but I think it was about 60 hats at once! I don't usually stock that many at one time, but they were all so wonderful. It has been a treat to see them and share. Four of this month's millinery additions have already sol, so enjoy these while you may!
I've said it before here, but I am a big fan of felt millinery from the 1920s - 1950s. The silhouettes and manipulation of the felt - just love it. And flowers made of felt? Love them. I missed the banner days of millinery. So when hats came back in vogue the 1980s and early 90s, I wore one every day to work. There's nothing like a hat to keep you warm in the winter a swell as feeling stylish.   

 Classic 1920s Brown Felt Flapper Cloche with Passementerie

 

 1940s Veiled Chocolate Brown Felt Wide Brimmed Hat 
and 1940s Fudge Brown Felt Ruffled Brim Hat

 1940s Navy Blue Felt Tilt Hat and
Whimsical 1940s Felt Hat in Navy Blue and Red
 
 
 Eye-catching 1950s Black Felt  Hat 
and Charming Pumpkin Velvet Toque Hat

for more information on any of these hats, please click pastperfectvintage.com

1 comment:

Jane Roberts said...

Christian Dior is the best fashion artist! I like his designs so much!