Oct 16, 2011

If I Had Unlimited Funds for Shopping

 
If I had unlimited funds for shopping, which I do not, I would be going to the  Couture, Designer & Vintage Clothing, Ethnographic Costume & Arts, Textiles, Lace, Jewelry, Swatch Card, Auction in New Hope, PA.this coming Oct 28 -29.  Even without actual unlimited funds, it is awfully tempting. 
But priorities are what they are. A new hardwood floor in the living room, a car with brakes and a holiday trip to Chicago seem to be the goals today.  Note that I wrote 'seem to be'. But if I go temporarily insane, or win the lottery in the next two weeks, I will be there, checkbook in hand.
And at the top of my shopping list would be: 

 
Charles James Couture Cocktail Dress and Capelet, 1951, for Eleanor Searle Whitney,  

Followed shortly by:
Jean Desses Strapless Ombreed Silk Petal Dress, 1950's 
 
And lastly: 

Lady Duff Gordon Lucile Ltd Chinese Silk Tunic Dress 1919
 
Oh yes, that would about do it. I'd feel that was an awfully productive day of shopping. 

If you can, get to New Hope for this event. We've been several times in the past and it's a well run sale with a lot of very special lots.

No comments: