Apr 10, 2011

And Now for Something Completely Different: Hawaiiana



Some of my most popular blog posts have been those on Victorian Bustle Dresses. And First Lady Inaugural Gowns. And the numerous posts on 1920s fashions have been a hit, too.

And Now for Something Completely Different!

It's spring. Yesterday felt like summer. The sun is shining. And I just had to post these today. Vintage Hawaiiana is a bit of a departure for Past Perfect Vintage. The Vintage Fashion field is so broad, running the gamut for children's to military uniforms with every kind of formal, everyday and sportswear in between ( and that's just one era) that if you don't specialize at least a bit, it becomes overwhelming.
Years ago I chose to focus on mostly womens wear, mens wear when I could find it and a bit of military. I left out children's garments, jewelry, and furs and set a cut off date of 1959, with most of the collection focused on pre 1950.

Well.

Times change.

I have been missing out. I have been a sucker for bowling and Hawaiian shirts for some time. But when I found these three pieces this winter, I just had to break the ice and head into 60s Hawaiian and beachy wear.

A good choice, don't you agree?



Top: 1960s Bark Cloth Hawaiian Dress with Green Orchids and Ui-Maikai Print Barkcloth Hawaiian Dress Bottom: Print Roxanne Swimsuit

all available at Past Perfect Vintage

2 comments:

K.M. Weiland said...

Love the blog's new look!

Past Perfect Vintage Clothing said...

Well, thank you! I certainly appreciate hearing that.