Mar 18, 2011

Patterns a-go-go



I have used a lot of patterns in my life. Mostly my own, but that's another saga. But I have cut my share of commercial patterns , too. Simplicity, Butterick, McCalls, Advance, Folkwear, Past Patterns, etc.

And Vogue, of course. Vogues were the expensive ones. But I must say - they worked! The techniques made sense, the markings were right, the measurements were good, and the yardages were pretty accurate. And they were more stylish than most. But some were quite difficult. Hence the modern era: Very Easy Vogue.

We just added these four undated patterns to the etsy shop. The top one sold right away, despite the tiny size. Love the artwork on this one. But the rest are still available. Just click on each for more information. Enjoy!
Late 1940s, early 1950s Vogue Couturier pattern
Late early 1950s Vogue Couturier pattern
Late 1940s, early 1950s Vogue Junior pattern
Late early 1950s Vogue Infant pattern

No comments: