Feb 17, 2011

Flappers? Why yes.



Past Perfect Vintage is cooperating with our good friends at Elizabeth's Timeless Attire on Frankfort Ave in Louisville for an event this March. And it's 1920s Flapper related. That's all I can say for now. There will be more to come. I promise.

But for the moment, I couldn't resist showing off the reproduction 1920s bandeaus I finished today. They are all silk fabrics with period brooches or hardware and feathers. Plus a few buttons and gew gaws, naturally. These will have to reside next to period pieces, so these are a bit more realistic and smaller scale than many reproductions.

And of course, the always eager modeling team here at Past Perfect insisted on getting in on the action. I am proud to say I wore a 1940s plaid wool 49er jacket while I created these. It's all vintage, all the time here.


6 comments:

Living Doll Vintage said...

Those headbands are gorgeous!
I also love that display head at the very top - she's a real "Flapper" beauty!

cindy-the vintage hat shop said...

I love your bandeaus! You do such quality work. Can't wait to hear more about the Flapper event in Louisville. If only I lived closer......

Catwalk Creative Vintage said...

A delightful selection of headbands. Great work and so beautifully displayed. Congratulations!

Hesta Nesta said...

Gorgeous head bands, I love your mannequins.
Jo xx

MissMartys said...

Lovely indeed. Love your "modeling team" too.

Past Perfect Vintage Clothing said...

thank you from all the girls!