Oct 29, 2010

Vintage Jewellry is Out and About!





I just got received a copy of Vintage Jewellry by Caroline Cox, and I am delighted!

In all fairness, I must reveal that I received a courtesy copy. Why? because I contributed photos. I am thrilled how many they used and how good they look. In the small world of vintage clothing, this is Very Exciting. It's a lovely book in hard cover with a different take on jewelry, covering fine jewelry, costume pieces and art jewelry in the context of fashion and society with a multitude of color photos. And lots of sources and museums are listed as well.

If you want to to see the photos from Past Perfect Vintage, be sure to check out the chapters on the 1910s and 1920s for combs and 20s costume pieces.

I particularly enjoyed the later chapters covering the 1980s and 1990s - although it's hard to see jewelry I wore in the day and saw in Very Modern Exhibits now classed as Vintage.

Ah well, another day older is just another day becoming More Vintage.

Vintage Jewellry is published by Carlton Books and can be ordered at Amazon.com

No comments: