May 4, 2010

Flappers A-Go -Go! ( Part 4)


I think this is one of the best 1920s hats I have ever had. This comes out of my personal stash. It was a gift many years ago from a dear friend. A friend with excellent taste and a fine knowledge of costume history. He found it is a small Kentucky town, but it most likely came from California. It has all the qualities I like in antique and vintage clothing. Good lines, great color, rich detail and quality construction. This wide brimmed cloche has silk brim and sides to the crown, with a velvet tip and under brim . The cord is couched down and outlines embroidered flowers with wood beads. It labeled Alpha Hats, and I have never seen another with this specific typr and quantity of trim work.
now available at Past Perfect Vintage

2 comments:

Walk in the Woods said...

Oh my - that's beautiful! Love the bold color!

Fabiola "Fab" said...

gaspping for air!!!