Dec 5, 2009

Thierry Mugler

Thierry Mugler seems to be awfully hot right now in Vintage Fashion. The resukt of a nostaglia for the 1980s, I suppose. It's usually the cocktail dresses and sexy gowns I see in the big auction house catalogues. You can imagine my surprise when I found this wool pantsuit locally. Kentucky is hardly fashion forward, and certainly not too many French designers stop by to say hey. If you find a Dior or Chanel here, it's going to be Billy Bob Dior and Brenda Chanel at their yard sale on Hwy 150.

So I was thrilled to find this fantastic 1980s suit by Thierry Mugler. It has all the details and tricky cut one could ever want in one suit. Blouson back, big shoulders, pleats, sleeves with stitched flanges, tricky bust tucks and lots of topstitching in a wonderful herringbone wool weave. Enjoy!

1980s Thierry Mugler Pants Suit @www.pastperfectvintage.com

No comments: