Nov 2, 2008

Contemporary Studio Jewelry: Ann Jenkins

In addition to vintage clothing, I do love contemporary jewelry. And I find it’s often a good combination. Contemporary design takes the ‘costume’ edge off vintage when worn together. And there’s neat tension when the two looks interact. And when you invest in studio made works, you invest in an artist.
So let me introduce you to the fine work of Ann Jenkins, jeweler. You can find her detailed nature inspired sterling silver pieces on Etsy at Tuizui. You can find her stunning Fragments of Nature series at annjenkins jewelry.com. I have worn this jewelry for years, and never cease to get comments and compliments.

Now Ann is also my sister, but when it comes to jewelry I retain my objective eye. Take a look. Now. Yes, leave nmy blog and take a look . You can come back for more blog anytime.
Samples of her work on Tuizui:


And just a few samples of Fragments of Nature at annjenkinsjewlery.com:




No comments: