Oct 27, 2008

Pirates of Penzance

Forgive me for the non vintage fashion topic. I may have mentioned that in my other life, I am a theatrical costume designer. My latest project has been the costume designs for The Pirates of Penzance for the Kentucky Opera Association in Louisville, KY. The show opened last week and my time has been pretty totally absorbed for the last 3-4 weeks. Hence this post about costumes rather than vintage clothing!

It's a great production - lively, fun and fresh. And the voices! Fantastic.

Here's a some of my costume renderings of the principals for your enjoyment. I'll post production photos as soon as I can.

Matthew Burns as the Pirate King

Michael Wanko as Major-General Stanley

Jamie Rose Guarrine as Mabel
Colm Fitzmaurice as Frederick

Natalie Krupansky as Ruth

1/2 of the Pirates

Heather Philips as Kate

Madelaine Krueger as one of the Daughters

2 comments:

Kentucky Opera said...

Holly,
Your costumes are just amazing. I have so enjoyed watching it all come together, and with your wonderful work, Pirates became an incredible experience for everyone.
Good Job!!

Past Perfect Vintage Clothing said...

well, thank you so much!